CASE STUDY BASED QUESTIONS
Read the passage carefully.
Stain removal is the process of removing a mark or spot from the fabric. A reagent or detergent is generally used to remove stain. There are various types of stains which can be identified by colour, smell or feel. Stain should be removed when fresh and precautions should be taken while stain removing. Fabric should be rinsed in water thoroughly to remove all traces of any reagent or chemical used.
1. Which chemical should be used to remove tea stain from a white cotton shirt?
a. Oxalic acid
d. Talcum powder
2. Which of the following is mineral stain?
3. Arrange the following steps used in sponging method in the correct sequence.
i. Rinse thoroughly
ii. A soft cloth dipped in stain remover is taken
iii. Gently rub the cloth dipped in stain remover over the stain starting from outer corner moving to the centre
iv. Place an absorbent paper or fabric under the stain
Choose the correct option.
a. i, ii, iii, iv
b. iv, ii, iii, i
c. ii, i, iv, iii
d. iii, iv, ii, i
4. Which of the following are acidic reagents used for stain removal?
ii. Hydrogen peroxide
iv. Hydrogen oxide
Choose the correct option
a. i, iv, v
b. ii, iii, iv
c. iii, iv, v
d. i, iii, v
5. While removing stains which of the following action is recommended?
a. Cloth dipped in stain remover rubbed over stain from the outer corner to moving inwards.
b. Cloth dipped in stain remover rubbed over stain from centre of stain to outer corner.
c. Cloth dipped in stain remover rubbed in circular motion from any side.
d. Cloth dipped in stain remover rubbed diagonally on the stain surface