View point of Piaget and Vygotsky in context to ECCE
| PSYCHOLOGIST|| VIEW POINT|
|PIAGET, developmental psychologist|
Young children need a supportive environment to explore phenomenon in their own ways because they have different ways of understanding the world
An institution must realize the importance of cultural context within which it operates and works along with family.
|VYGOTSKY, psychologist and educator||The children need a concerned and caring knowledgeable adult in early childhood for creating optimal environment for easy, enjoyable and meaningful learning according to the child's abilities and temperament|
(b) Two role of ECCE professional -
1. commitment to children, their well-being and learning.
2. awareness and knowledge about their needs.
3. challenges for providing opportunities for their growth and development.
4. professional training for a career in early childhood programs
5. providing favourable learning conditions.